- Visit temples: Borobudur, Prambanan, Pawon, and Mendu
- Visit city's historical landmarks: Sultan Palace and Taman Sari Water Castle
- Experience a relaxing Becak ride (traditional three-wheeled cart) through historical street
- Local village activities: Batik painting, Gamelan music, the making of traditional snacks
- Traditional hi-tea experience hosted by local people
Day 1: Prambanan temple – Plaosan temple
Arrival at Yogyakarta. The tour starts at the Prambanan, the largest Hindu temple in Indonesia and listed as one of UNESCO’s World Heritages. An Andong (Traditional horse and carriage) will bring you to the Plaosan temple, a Buddhist temple complex.
Day 2: Sultan Palace – Tamansari Water Castle – Borobudur – Pawon – Mendut
The second day the tour starts at the Sultan’s Palace of Kraton. After you have seen this beautiful heritage building the tour will continue to the Tamansari Water Castle, which is behind the palace and served as the bathing garden of the Sultan. The next stop is at world’s largest Buddhist Temple: the Borobudur. The tour will end with a visit to the Pawon temple and the Mendut temple.
Day 3: Cultural courses
The third day starts with a short course in Batik Painting. The day continues with practicing how to play the gamelan and how to make traditional Indonesian snacks. Afterwards a traditional high-tea is served at a local house. The day ends with a traditional dinner hosted by the locals.
Day 4: Check out & Transfer to the airport.